Company closes fiscal year with thriving global customer base, dwindling cash burn, and expanded product portfolio as it focuses on delivery of Enterprise Data-as-a-Service
BOSTON, Feb. 28, 2017 /PRNewswire/ — Actifio, the Enterprise Data-as-a-Service company, today announced an impressive close to its fiscal 2017, having exceeded major financial and operational targets while strengthening its leadership position in the market. Customers now use Actifio to manage over 250 Petabytes of application data, and over 6 Exabytes of logical data, seamlessly across their on-premises data centers, public cloud service providers and over 120 managed service providers (MSPs) worldwide including Sungard Availability Services, CenturyLink, NTT Data, and Verizon Enterprise Solutions. Other business highlights include:
- Dramatic revenue growth and progress toward profitability – Actifio increased revenue by over 60 percent for the fiscal year that ended January 31, while reducing cash burn by 70 percent.
- Major new customer wins – Actifio added more than 90 new global enterprise customers in Fiscal Year 2017, including multiple Fortune 500 corporations across key verticals including air travel, financial services, healthcare, consulting, manufacturing, retail, and consumer goods. The company’s patented Virtual Data Pipeline™ technology is now deployed in over 2,200 enterprises and cloud service providers worldwide.
- Rapid expansion of existing user base – Building on a foundation of delighted users, expansion sales accounted for 70 percent of total sales as enterprises expanded their footprint of use cases to accelerate their digital transformation. Over the last 24 months, sales driven by initiatives to accelerate application development, analytics, and hybrid cloud adoption grew from zero to just under half of the total worldwide sales.
- Significant advancement of Cloud Service Provider partner network – Actifio announced the launch of its Service Provider Marketplace in 2016, an online directory offering Actifio customers access a broad selection of accredited Cloud and Managed Service Providers around the world. Channel partners can also tap the Actifio Marketplace to add white label cloud services to their product portfolios, without the time and capital expense necessary to do so until now.
Powering both the expansion and dramatic productivity gains were a series of product innovations that drove the company’s intellectual property portfolio of issued or filed patents to 51. Over the last 12 months, Actifio released the largest set of platform enhancements in the history of the company – many industry firsts – addressing scalability, performance, and strategic requirements of global enterprises looking to accelerate digital transformation. Highlights include:
- The ability for users to establish a seamless multi-cloud, multi-directional hybrid cloud across on-premises data centers, Amazon Web Services, Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud Platform, IBM Bluemix, and Oracle Cloud.
- The industry’s first database virtualization platform across a hybrid cloud architecture using Oracle Cloud. Enterprises can now provision virtual copies of mission critical databases in Oracle Cloud for Continuous Integration / Continuous Deployment (CI/CD) pipelines, enhanced business resiliency, and Data Warehousing and analytics applications.
- Actifio OnVault™ – The industry’s first low-cost long-term data retention (LTDR) solution, that enables the re-use of data stored inexpensively in AWS S3, Google Cloud Nearline and IBM Cloud Object Storage (formerly Cleversafe) for business intelligence, analytics, compliance, and data warehousing tools to unlock business value.
- Actifio Resiliency Director™ – A major update now provides a complete solution for non-disruptive application recovery and test environment creation from the datacenter to the Cloud. Actifio Resiliency Director enables enterprises to restore critical business functionality faster and cheaper than previously possible, orchestrating compute, network, and data at a cloud service provider or enterprise disaster recovery site, and validating the result.
- StreamSnap – A new data replication capability designed to improve business resiliency by dramatically extending the range of supported Recovery Point Objectives (RPOs). These lower RPOs – down to an hour – expand Enterprise Data-as-a-Service use cases by making data available faster at remote sites or in the cloud to accelerate application development or improve business resiliency.
- Actifio Global Manager – A web-scale data virtualization solution delivering instant access and radically simple management of application data for business resiliency and test data management across private, public, and hybrid cloud environments.
- AppFlash DevOps Platform – A reference architecture for purpose-built solutions to accelerate DevOps processes. The first implementation of this architecture is built with Pure Storage to deliver a complete solution that sets a new industry benchmark for accelerating application development and agility while reducing cost.
Actifio is now the world’s leading Enterprise Data-as-a-Service (EDaaS) platform. It enables thousands of users around the world to deliver their data just as they deliver their applications and infrastructure… as a service available instantly, anywhere. An enterprise-class software platform powered by patented Virtual Data Pipeline™ technology, Actifio frees data from traditional infrastructure to accelerate adoption of hybrid cloud, build higher quality applications faster, and improve business resiliency and availability.
As more global enterprises leverage a data-as-a-service model, leading industry analysts have taken notice. Gartner defines this growing business and technology trend in their recently published “Hype Cycle for Information Infrastructure, 2016” (July 2016):
“Data-as-a-Service (DaaS) is a design approach or a style of information architecture geared toward transformation of raw data into meaningful data assets for agile/timely data provisioning, and the delivery of these data assets on demand via consistent, prebuilt access, with the aid of standard processing and connectivity protocols. Originating data remains local to its storage platform and, following various steps to access, format, evaluate and possibly even contextualize it, is presented as output for use in a subsequent process or delivery endpoint.”
Among enablers of the DaaS model, only Actifio is:
- Agile: Providing instant access to data, anywhere
- Independent: No vendor lock-in, on the box or in the cloud
- Resilient: With data protection built right in, instead of bolted on
- Secure: Hardened for enterprise security, governance
- Scalable: From a single application to a global enterprise
“We started last year with the goal of becoming a real business,” said Ash Ashutosh, Founder and CEO of Actifio, “meaning one that is not only growing but scaling sustainably over time. The results we’re sharing today provide positive proof of our progress in achieving this goal, and set up a 2017 we believe will see us established as the data platform of choice for the enterprise-class hybrid cloud architectures that will dominate the next generation of information technology.”
To read more on Actifio’s recent announcements visit the website, here.
Actifio is the world’s leading Enterprise Data-as-a-Service (EDaaS) platform. It enables thousands of users around the world to deliver their data just as they deliver their applications and infrastructure… as a service available instantly, anywhere. An enterprise-class software platform powered by patented Virtual Data Pipeline™ technology, Actifio frees data from traditional infrastructure to accelerate adoption of hybrid cloud, build higher quality applications faster, and improve business resiliency and availability. For more, visit Actifio.com or follow us on Twitter @Actifio.